Days in India are coming to an end





I am going to be honest and say that as each day goes on I am getting extremely excited to come home. But don't worry I still have a focus.

Every S.E.N.D. team sets some kind of record. Ours is the most hospital visits. Last week was pretty rough. More than half of the team had some type of upset stomach/diarrhea problem. One team member had it for 10 days and then at 3:30 am on the 10th night she started to vomit. We took her to the hospital for an injection(that seems to be the rememdy for everything here. I had one when my fever was high 3 weeks ago). She was out for a few days. The timing of it was worth noting because that morning we were going to sing worship songs at a Hindu(ism) wedding ceremony and she has got the strongest and most beautiful voice.

Two days later Daniel went to the bathroom about 20 times in 24 hours. He was resting for hours in his bed and Jenaye went over to feel his forehead and he was burning up. So they took him to the hospital. He got an injection and they said his blood pressure was really low and because he was so dehydrated, he would have to be hooked up to an IV here at the church(we are living at). He was also out for a few days. Daniel is our preacher.

Now all is well. Romans 8:28 encourages me. EVERYTHING that happens works for our good if we love God and are in His will. I know that all the challenges I am facing on this trip are really growing me in ways that I never would have if I was comfortably at home. We have it so good in San Diego. I can count my blessings and fully appreciate being placed there.

Praise Reports:

~We are all doing well now, none of us our sick and it never got too severe

~There was an elderly lady who wasnt eating and couldnt walk because the pain in her knees. We went to her house and prayed healing over her and she is fine and walking around, praising the Lord.

~Our ministry here in Neyveli has been directed towards the church body and they are truly blessed by the things that God is saying to them through us.
Prayer Requests:
~God would be our strength to endure to the end

~Continue to treat eachother with love

~We will be traveling a lot these next two weeks. That he would energize us and protect us through it all.

~We are still in need of funds

0 comments:

Post a Comment